Friday, September 11, 2009

Post-goal fears

I'm really afraid of reaching goal and starting to gain because Im no longer focused on losing. That's what happened to me every time I lost in the past. Once I really got seriously dieting I'd go into hyperfocus on the goal, something ADHD people are good at doing, but once I reached my goal that focus was gone and so was my control.

That's why I'm planning on really tight restriction and getting as much support as I can. I'm hoping to reach goal by Christmas or my birthday (DEC.30) which is all my weight loss in 7 months time, not long enough to have really adopted and adapted to permanant lifestyle change.

My fear is very real and has a basis in reality. The tales of those with WLS (weight loss surgery)who've lost and regained are legend. So I musn't minimize the danger to myself. Perhaps I'll regularly pretend I just got a fill everytime I do gain some weight and do liquids for two days. That seems to get me back on track and will probably result in the scale going down. I usually drop 2 lbs. Then I work to maintain.

I went to Navy Pier with my daughter and two grandsons after school. Took the boys on a boat ride down the Chicago River. Great fun. Tomorrow I'm in an all day praise and worship training seminar or whatever you call it. Should be singing a lot of gospel and contemporary praise songs. Sunday I'm taking care of my grandson's while my daughter runs a mini-marathon in Chicago. Think I'll take some food along tomorrow since I don't know what's being planned for meals.I can usually find something at my daughter's. She doesn't keep treats in the house either. Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. THAT is a major reason why I think the band is awesome. B/c I've talked to my surg about this. He said after you're maintaining, if you are having problems controlling your food or gain weight, you can always come in for an adjustment. Or do a complete unfill, then fill to make sure the fill level is the same. Mine is paid up for 2 yrs b/c of my insurance, but after that I will be paying per fill. But I'd rather pay for the fill to "stay on track". so hopefully, you can do that too. I can't believe you're going to be so close to goal that soon! What a nice xmas present to yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete